Name:
Location: South Carolina

I am a 35 year old artist currently in the process of adopting a child from China.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pain

Warning... this is a bitch fest post. Just got back from the Orthopedist. Got prescribed more Lortab which I hate to say I have to take daily or am completely useless. I expressed concern over this to the Doc and she told me basically that 90% of people get over this type of injury no matter what while the other 10% have to resort to more stringent pain management (ie epidural shots or back surgery). NO WAY am I having back surgery!!!!! That is just too F-in scary for words. I got the name of an acupuncturist. The Doc says she ( pin lady) is actually Chinese so she (Doc) feels more comfortable giving out her name as she has some distrust of Westerners practicing Eastern medicine. I was also ordered a Tens (sp?) machine for electric stim on my back in the privacy of my own home. This I am Very excited about. It almost makes up for all the sweaty butts I had to touch when I lived in VT and worked for a chiropractor setting patients up with the stim machine. Not quite, but almost.

Hubby and I went out Sunday and bought a real drafting chair for my studio. I have never been so enthralled by a piece of furniture. It has adjustable height (fits both the drawing board and work table!) AND adjustable back rest ( up, down, side to side) and foot rest. It beats the living hell out of the bar stool I've been using.

I am working days and nights to get ready for a conference in 3 weeks. I work until the pain pill wears out and then decide if it is too late to take another and keep on trucking or give it up and go to bed (with the heating pad). This probably isn't helping the back situation but what's a girl to do?

More later and a promise to be more upbeat!

2 Comments:

Blogger Headmeister said...

Hey Howey! Listen, I have the same thing. It WILL get better, it just takes time. The best thing you can do for it is: laying down. It's the only thing that helped me. And since I've gotten better, I do all the things I'm not supposed to be doing, and rarely have any pain from it. Where is the herniation? What discs? BTW - I have them in my neck as well - WAY worse, totally not fun... Feel better sister!

July 18, 2007 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Headmeister said...

Ok, so how's your back???? Just popping in to let you know I'm thinking about ya!

July 24, 2007 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home