Name:
Location: South Carolina

I am a 35 year old artist currently in the process of adopting a child from China.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The deal with my back

So for anyone who is interested in my Bootcamp story here it goes. Have you ever heard of an exercise called the " Parachute"? Well, what happens is one partner gets down on her hands and knees ( kind of like you would for leap frog but with a straight back) and the other partner lays on you. She puts her stomach on your back and then puts here arms and legs straight out like she's parachuting. This pose is held for one minute. Well, my back has caused me problems since college but has been fine lately. Still, when hubby said, "should you really do this", I chose to ignore him. I mean, who wants to be the wuss in front of all those people? Not me!! So I pair up with this girl who has a few ( 20 or so) pounds on me and off we go. I did the balancing first. It's harder than it looks. Also, all I could think is " I must be killing this girl". When we switch I immediately know that this was a BAD idea but what does one do? I already knew she was self conscious about her weight ( aren't we all) and I was not about to tell her she was too heavy and get off. I stuck it out. The conclusion is two herniated discs one of which is causing severe sciatica. Ugh. So no more Bootcamp. I am doing some swimming. Also a great thing about painkillers is that they dampen your appetite (lol) !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home