Name:
Location: South Carolina

I am a 35 year old artist currently in the process of adopting a child from China.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sweet and Sour


Well, I can hardly believe it but the Dossier is Done! We sent it out Fed Ex yesterday and it was received at Great Wall this morning at 8:45 am. I keep waiting for a phone call to tell me that we have forgotten some vital piece of information! I think not though. I double and triple checked everything before packing it up. It should be sent to China this Friday. We spent a lot of time deciding which picturs to sent. You know, do we look happy?, do I look fat?, which shot makes our house look the biggest? That sort of thing. I mounted them on blue card stock and added some stickers ( feeling too drained to draw any) to show "we are at the beach", "this is hubby's birthday dinner", "we are on a ski vacation", etc... since captions are not translated. I will post one or two of them here.

There aggravaiting news is the rumor of extended waiting times for referrals that are going around. According to some of the latest polls ( based on current wait times) our projected date for referral could be as long as 36 months. Yep, that's 3 years folks. Of course no one Really can say what will happen but even our agency has addressed this concern leading me to believe that it is a very real possibility. So hubby and I have decidec to plan some trips that will be hard to do when we have a family to pass the time. I am trying to think of some good ones...

1 Comments:

Blogger Headmeister said...

Hey How!

Wow - you and I are SO alike on things...lol. I intentionally put pics of us in our dossier from 3 years ago because I've gained SO much weight since having knee surgery, I'm too disgusted to show what I look like now. Plus, it's a motivator to lose the weight before China - and like you said, we have plenty of time to get in shape...lol. I also put mine on cardstock but I did add captions in Chinese, thanks to surfing the net :)

Congrats on sending your paperwork - let me know when you're DTC and I'll change the header for ya!

Hugs,
Heather

April 17, 2007 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home