Name:
Location: South Carolina

I am a 35 year old artist currently in the process of adopting a child from China.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dossier Done ? I think not...

Okay, so I got the dreaded call from GWCA just a few minutes ago. It turns out that they are worried that hubby's records are not enough. Because he was born in Switzerland we had originally been told that a copy of his US Passport would do the trick. Now with all of the new rules starting to go into effect our agency is worried that CCAA will pull our Dossier and send it back if it does not contain an actual ( translated) birth certificate from switzerland. Thankfully, and God bless my Mother-in-Law here, we have a copy on hand that is several differnt languages including english. It's just that now we have to drive to the State Capital to have it Certified and then expidite it through Washington with the courier. I am trying to be philosophical about it all but sometimes... Well, you know. It just brings me down. I do give kudos to our agency for asking us to do this now, just in case, instead of the "wait and see" atitude. If it came back a month from now I'm pretty sure that philosophy would be out the window and I would be a Madwoman;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home