Name:
Location: South Carolina

I am a 35 year old artist currently in the process of adopting a child from China.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - 13 Reasons I Must Quit Smoking (Again)

Okay, we all know we shouldn't smkoe. I quit for quite a long time but Fell off the wagon pretty hard last summer during a trip to London ( where it seems like EVERYONE smokes). I have been struggling to quit again ever since. Sometimes I do great for several weeks and then some stress hits and I lose all control. The simple fact is that I enjoy smoking. Still, must quit. Here are some reasons- some are no-brainers , some are just personal.

1. Health (obviously)

2. Hate feeling like a social pariah

3. Don't want to set a horrible example for my children ( whenever they arrive)

4. I would love to be able to race my friend Jen doing laps in the pool and come anywhere close to beating her

5. Lines around the lips are incredibly unattractive

6. The money I would save would pay for my hair appointments

7. It would be nice to have minty fresh breath

8. By the same token, it would be nice to buy a great perfume and actually smell like it

9. I'm tired of going outside everytime I want a cigarette (rain, cold, wind, pollen) and I absolutely refuse to smoke in my house

10. This cannot be helping my sinus issues

11. I waste quite a lot of time smoking

12. I really don't want to look back on even more journal entries where I bitch about my habit

13. Seriously, it just looks low-class these days doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home